Sunday, September 29, 2024

Traders’ Weekend

 Yesterday, my boyfriend Kevin took me and my daughter Evita to a flea market called Trader’s Village. Kevin said he went there often in the 80’s and 90’s, and there was an old man who sold vinyl records. Kevin has a large collection of vinyl that he mostly bought from this guy, and didn’t want them anymore except for seven of them. So we browsed Saturday, got a few things each, and met with one vendor who said yes, that old man is still here!  He then gave us directions to his booth. Kevin was almost certain this man would be dead by this point, as he seemed to be very elderly 30 years ago. He told him he would buy his records, and Kevin told him he’d be back tomorrow. So this morning, I went on my own to do three side jobs on one of the apps I do side jobs for. They were offering a $10 bonus for every 3 completed this weekend. While I was there, Kevin called and said the old man gave him $250!

Then we came home and I worked a little bit on a Crazy Quilt. These are what quilters use their scraps on. Crazy quilting is just all the scraps thrown together. I just sewed pieces together in twos and pressed them. Here are some pictures: 



7 comments:

  1. Hi! It sounds like you are doing well and happy! I know it has been a long, hard road for you over the years. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I don't blog much anymore but I am happy to "find" you again- Nana Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I miss voting on your table set ups.

      Delete
  2. I need to get a winter hobby, but I don't have a sewing machine. I'm not sure I could quilt by hand. I admire the beautiful quilts made by so many woman I've known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard estate sales are great places to look.

      Delete
  3. That's an uplifting story of fun and flea market sales. :D I wish you and yours all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought of trying to learn how to quilt. I have a beautiful portable sewing machine that belonged to my mom that I don't seem to have the chance to use very often. Not sure I have the patience for quilting, though!

    ReplyDelete

Cookies 🍪

 Today I made cookies from a cake mix box. I used a Betty Crocker butter pecan box of cake mix and mixed it with 1/2 cup of oil and two eggs...