First, a picture of my two babies here in Austin.
Secondly, I found an app called rebound for trauma therapy. I very begrudgingly agreed to a “free 15 minute session” (which is basically interviewing you so they can decide if they want to help you). The lady on the other line was helpful and kind- I do not think she was a therapist though. I think she was a sales rep or maybe some kind of medical assistant therapy version. She explained that they do a method called “Pervasive Exposure” therapy. She explained it. I explained my ACES situation briefly and she gave the disclaimer that I think they all have to make, but don’t actually implement- that it doesn’t matter what you’ve been through or haven’t been through etc. I then asked about some elements of my story potentially not being believable to a therapist. She explained that the therapy method doesn’t depend on anyone believing you, it just goes through your reactions while recounting the memories and easing those up.
Hmm I see. Then I did what they all say not to do and went to ChatGPT and told it to guide me through PE therapy. I’m going to have to think extremely hard about actually going to someone. They say not to use ChatGPT as a therapist, because they’ll lose income if everyone did so. But the fact that it’s not actually human means it literally can’t believe or disbelieve me. It has to automatically think that I can have this type of therapy if I ask for it. It’s not thinking that my trauma isn’t valid. A human therapist might. Just saying.

I got off at work at 8:00 am and walked with Kevin a little in the park this morning. I lowered my step goal to 5500 and hope to achieve that each day this week.





I have a step app on my phone called Winwalk. I've been keeping track of my steps too. Right now I'm only getting between 4000-4500 steps a day but that's because it's so damn hot here. In the Winter the step count goes up to 6000-6500 a day. Falcor loves that too. I hope the therapist works out.
ReplyDelete