Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Good and Bad News

The new person that was hired on the Houston crew of Kevin’s job quit today. I was super disappointed. I have no idea how obligated Kevin is to stay there “until they hire someone”. I am tempted to regret coming out here so soon after we decided to move here, but I’m not. It’s such a nice place and I have a nice job. I’m not sorry. Kevin said the new lady had a “rough day” yesterday in which she forgot to change her sections and the entire inventory was run together. To be fair, her first few days were spent at a store chain that doesn’t want us changing sections, so it was the first time she was expected to. Did they tell her? Shit idk. Ugh. I just miss Kevin a lot. Fuck those people. They give him a hard time too. 

On a better note,
I was off from the group home today and did side jobs. The merchandiser app offered me a route with a nice travel bonus across towns called Llano, Mason, etc. I took the offer and also looked on other apps like field agent and iVueit  for other stuff to do to and from. I stopped for gas early in the morning and saw this poor boo-boo hanging out in the front. 

I also forgot to mention here that the group home I’m working at has 8 stray cats who just came back from being TNR’d. Does anyone want one 😭. I brought cans of friskies from my own pantry and mixed it all with leftover elbows and meatballs that the ladies made. The cats loved it. I would love to find them homes! 

I think aside from the Houston setback I had a good day. I would not have left Austin if not for that travel bonus. I love driving through country areas, but I noticed I’m more cognizant and afraid of deer running out into the road now that I’ve hit one. 

 

1 comment:

Photo Dump and Austin Reflections

I was just thinking today, I’m so glad I work at this group home. I deserve to have an easy job with people that are easy to care for and ea...