Remember in the 90’s when panoramic photos were all the rage? I remember having to line up to go onto the football field to take this picture and thinking, who would want a panoramic photo of over 500 people? Little did I know that I’d be pouring over it 30 years later. This is my high school graduating class in 1996. I’m towards the front center with a white t shirt, shorts, and skinny legs.

The girl next to me on my left was a good friend of mine. When my aunt stayed with my family on and off and was very abusive, she was very supportive. She would even joke (at least I think she was joking) about taking revenge on my aunt herself. It was funny to me, but some other kids said she actually wasn’t joking 😬
Our 30th class reunion will take place this October 17th at a popular restaurant in the Phoenix area. I would love to take Kevin, but I’m not sure if it will happen. Kevin is a big travel hater, despite having to travel for work a lot. Besides, I feel like it just might be a handful of people I didn’t even know or care about back then.
It’s easy to look at your 18 year old self and think of what you’d tell her. Honestly though, if you followed that advice then different things would have gone wrong. It’s possible you wouldn’t even be alive today, and if by the grace of god you were, then you might be looking at this pic wanting to give her even different advice still.

I took Hubby to my 10th reunion and realized it was a mistake; I spent too much time with him and not enough with my classmates. Every other reunion I've attended has been by myself.
ReplyDeleteI'm a travel hater too. I don't like traveling at all. Have fun at the reunion. I've never been to one of mine.
ReplyDelete