Followers

Friday, September 11, 2026

Who Knows

 What were you doing on 9/11? 

Well back in May of this year, I saw a therapist who didn’t believe key parts of my story. She would literally ask me if I was sure that happened or something else?  She even second guessed me on the year something happened. 

Ever since then, I seem to not know what’s true and what’s not. I have all but given up on the book I was writing that was based on my experiences working with kids. This is because I had to change names, characteristics and circumstances of the story. As long as the main point got across, it was all good. You need to do this to protect identities of people. This combined with the therapist not believing me about some stuff has thrown me off. My biggest fear now if the book got published is someone coming forward and saying “I knew her back in the day, and I worked with her, and that’s not how it happened!” But I have a pen name to reduce the instance of that. 

What does this have to do with 9/11?  Because why even share what I was doing that day if I am not believed?  How Do YOU know that is what I was doing that day? I don’t have proof. The camera wasn’t rolling. 

I just feel like there’s no point in me telling my story anymore. This is very difficult as a writer. I posted my dilemma in a facebook group for “women writers”. They were all great in their responses. I’ll post some screenshots later. 


On a happier note, today is Kevin’s first day working with the Austin crew!  He lives here now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Knows

 What were you doing on 9/11?  Well back in May of this year, I saw a therapist who didn’t believe key parts of my story. She would literall...