My benefits for my job kick in on October first. I’m going to max out my 401K and have health and life insurance through them.
My husband and I had a talk today about how the new insurance is actually a new opportunity to possibly get to see a neurologist. The symptom I’ve had since January of 2014 that I’ve called “anxiety” is probably actually a neurological issue.
It causes anxiety, but it itself isn’t anxiety. It’s a physical symptom that feels like a dull itch or static under my skin in my arms, legs and upper chest. I’ve also called it spaghetti legs. It causes stiff muscles and rigidity. It causes me to have some difficulty walking.
It has caused stiffness, spasms, and a weird gait. I am often “paralyzed” in my bed or in my driver’s seat just before getting out of bed or out of the car. I can walk just fine, but starting the walking process takes me having to kind of tell my limbs to do it. I’ve been considering getting two fold up quad canes- one for the bedside and one for the car- so I can use them to help me tell myself to get moving. I hope this makes sense. Once out of the car or bed, I would just fold it up and keep the car one in the car and the bed one on my nightstand.
It’s feeling better this evening, but it’s hit and miss. I came home from work this morning and tried to sleep but had trouble. Then I turned on a YouTube documentary about Caligula and decided it would be a good idea to fall asleep to that. It wasn’t! I slept six hours and could hear the documentary in my dreams/nightmares. When I woke up, YouTube was showing me prehistoric humans and what kinds of spears they used.
My husband came home and at dinner and instantly fell asleep. They did four stores today- I’m not sure how that’s possible. A usual day is two stores. They must have been really small hole in the wall places. I then went for a walk and got about 5500 steps. Hopefully in about a week or so, 100 degree temps will be a thing of the past- well, at least until the summer of 2027. My 5500 step walk helped tremendously
I hope you get to see the neurologist!
ReplyDelete